Suggestions or Comments on the Site in General

Yes, great idea. I’ll put this down in the bank for the future.

Cheers,

David
DoYogaWithMe Founder

Hey there,

I see that any posts, comments are public on the net, as well as the profiles from the forum/community or the DYWM site. Or did I saw wrong?
Is it possible to choose Yes/No my comments/posts/profile/… can be public? How?

Cheers,
M.

PS: Really enjoy your web site and all I can find there. Explanations, instructions are top. Videos are top. Your beginner page is really useful! Well… everything is just great.

1 Like

Hello,

Because our site doesn’t have a pay wall, all of its content - including posts and profiles of our community - can be found in a search and read by anyone. It’s actually an aspect that makes our community thrive, since people around the world can find and contribute to interesting, yoga-related topics and share comments on our classes and programs.

Does that make sense?

Take care,

David
DoYogaWithMe Founder

I was wondering if you have any programs set up for people with
glaucoma? I have done the 31 day challenge but as I get further into it I
feel like there are so many downward facing dogs and forward bends (and glaucoma sufferers can not do inversions) and I find it hard to try to come up with a different pose to do at the time. It just
makes the practice very chopped up.

2 Likes

Right, I can see how that would be a problem. I can look into that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Take care,

David
DoYogaWithMe Founder

I have been member for more than 2-3 years and found it very useful plus I feel good there is something like this which is affordable and promotes healthy activity.

My complain is site is very basic and lot of times when I login It asks me to subscribe, although I have subscribed to it without interupption for years, and it really takes precious time to navigating while you could be doing yoga.

Please see, also there is no place for technical issue incidence raising.

1 Like

Thanks, @ravisoni9. I’m glad you like the site!

I’ll pass this on to our technical team.

@ravisoni9 Users send issues in to our Contact Us page when they have any technical issues. It could be more visible though. I’m unclear about what you describe regarding asking you to subscribe after you log in. Would you mind sending your email address to me in a message or through the Contact Us page so I can take a look at your account?

Thanks David and Sean. I just sent email through contact us page.

DYWM was recommended to me by my Dr. to help with some back issues. Since then I’ve recommended this site to anyone who will listen. I’m from a small community and it can be challenging to find a consistent local yoga practice. So Thank You!

One feature that would be very helpful would be a category between beginner and intermediate. I know that there are practices that fall into this area but it can take quite a bit of trial and error to find them.

Please keep up the great work, you are making a difference in so many lives.

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s in the works right now and should be available within the next month!

Thanks for the kind words.

David

It would be helpful if you have list of asanas written in the class description of each video. Although I do like to go by a surprise class but sometimes I am actually looking for a class that has the asanas I want to practice on a given day.

2 Likes

Please consider producing some hamstring and back-of-the-body lessons suitable for those of us who are really tight. Staff pose, even with my butt elevated 5 inches, produces an intense stretch. Getting my hands to the mat in forward fold requires a 90-degree bend in my knees. The hamstring-focused lessons I’ve found on DYWM, even at Beginner I level, have all presupposed a degree of flexibility well beyond mine, rendering the poses inaccessible.

1 Like

Hi George. Have you tried any of my classes that focus on the lower back? Many of them focus on the back body and involve a lot of reclining poses, for example:

https://www.doyogawithme.com/content/yoga-lower-back-pain-strengthen-stretch-and-relax-your-back-i

https://www.doyogawithme.com/content/yoga-lower-back-pain-strengthen-stretch-and-relax-your-back-ii

Cheers,

David

Thanks David. I appreciate your consistent responsiveness! I tried both those lessons as part of the Absolute Beginners series. I found the hamstring/calf stretches in both to be too intense. In particular, using a strap was excruciating; I had to lie on my back and wait until you moved on to something else.

I had been rolling and stretching regularly to loosen my calves and hamstrings for more than a year before I took up yoga to see whether it might help. But the yoga classes I’ve found on DYWM and elsewhere seem to presume that newcomers are already far more flexible than I am. So, to repeat, I’d love to see some lessons for really tight bodies, please. Perhaps you could consider that if you create a beginner’s program for men (recognizing that “women are more flexible than men” is a generalization, not a truism).

1 Like

Yes, absolutely George. We are actually in the process of planning a yoga challenge for men, so this is great feedback for us. We hope we can have something available in the fall/winter.
Take care,
David

1 Like

Hi David and the rest of the team,
Just to thank you all for some great yoga and a brilliant philosophy for the site. Me and my family are really enjoying it and I plan to make a donation very soon! It’s so great to have yoga that is accessible and affordable, especially in these difficult times.I have recomended the site to many other people.
Thanks again
Suze

Hi - I really enjoy the site and the variety of classes.

Is there a way to save classes as “favorites” or “wish list”? When I am looking for a class, I always come across classes I would like to try another time, and it would be great to save them for a future practice.
Thanks!

I have been with DYWM for over 5 years and you are an important part of my week. I have been enjoying the challenges recently, even though I often skip a day. Would love to see more Pilates from Kathi Ells. Especially longer classes, many of hers seem to be in the 30 minute ranges. TY for being there and I recommend you often.

Today, I was feeling nausea and began to look for classes that might be a good fit when feeling this way. I didn’t find any, so thought I should reach out and give you this suggestion. I love the group, the site, the teachers, but felt that this might be an idea for one of the teachers to run with.