Yoga for previous knee injury (Acl)

What yoga would be the best for someone who is recovering from a previous knee surgery? My husband is going through therapy and I asked if yoga would be a good thing for him to do because they said his muscles were very tight. They said that it would be great but I’m not sure where he should start. He has never done yoga before. Please help me. Thank you very much for reading. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have knee issues as well and really like Fiji McAlpine classes as her instructions are really clear and consistent so she’s never lead me to over extend. A really good one for your husband to start with could be her Yoga for Runners: Pre-Run video. It’s short and excellent for strengthening the appropriate leg muscles. All the best for his recovery.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a great suggestion. If he is having trouble bearing weight on the injured knee, though, he will want to do more gentle classes, such as A Deep Release for the Hips, Hamstrings and Lower Back with David. There are many others with David, Melissa, Satiya, Sarah, Sarah-Jane, Anastasia and Satiya that are gentle and would be suitable for a knee injury.

Let us know how it goes. I’d be happy to help guide him.

1 Like