Yoga when you're under the weather

I’ve been hanging in here with a bad cold, sinus congestion, cough. (Doc confirmed it’s not the flu or pneumo, just a cold.) I feel like I should be doing something easy, gentle, just to keep my muscles loose. What I can’t do is anything with my head hanging down. I’ve been doing the beginners’ series for several months; fairly limber, but not ready for intermediate yet. Suggestions for yoga with a simple cold?

1 Like

Rachel’s Hatha Yoga for a Hangover is a really popular one for those days when you need a chilled out class and some time to recover. It can be great for when you are sick too.

Otherwise, try a restorative class. We have plenty to choose from. Select ‘Restorative’ under the Style filter and you’ll see.

1 Like

I was under the weather for a few weeks from mid-December through the end of 2018 and didn’t feel like doing yoga. I started watching yoga videos and listening to relaxation soundtracks without physically doing them. Doing this helped me concentrate on what I was watching and listening to. It also showed me there were yoga fundamentals I’ve missed while taking studio classes. After two years of inconsistent use of Do Yoga With Me, I decided now that I feel better, I am going to make a commitment to a more consistent use of the DYWM classes. Recently, I purchased an annual DYWM subscription and am participating in my first Challenge. Being sick turned out to be a good thing even though I didn’t realize it at the time.

• Em
1 Like