If you mainly do at home practice, what do you miss from the classes?
I’ve done a mix of classes and at home practice, mainly home practice the last year. There a definatley some things I miss but others things definitely not, heres my list below of both (dont want to bash those that do either at home or classes - whatever works for you);
Benefits of studio;
-For me I like having the teacher come round and adjust my poses (however in a class of 20-25 I was finding that i wasnt getting much attention - maybe that was a good thing? )
- good group dynamic
- access to heated rooms
- studio was close to home (walkable)
- Large weekly cost (DYWM is less than the cost of one class)
- when theres too many people can get cramped
- fit to studio timetable
Benefits of at home;
- do it whenever
- sometimes not enough room to do poses
- I miss the little essays in savasana when the teacher reads out a motivation passage. Maybe thats what DYWM could incorporate.
Let me know what you find are the positives and negatives of both. I like to see what people think