Any Live Classes?

I was wondering if you thought about doing any live classes/streams? I would be very interested.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @bethsanzenbacher!

Yes, we have thought about this. Itā€™s interesting considering a live class - since we have a global community it is difficult to choose a day and time that works for everyone.

Weā€™ll still keep it on our list of possibilities!

Of course that makes complete sense!

I wonder if it could be like a day of code event? Where there are special live classes that people could join in on, or do on that day in their own time, and then people could post photos of themselves practicing. I think this gets at the post from Japan about online workshops/retreats. It may be a great way to grow the community and give the feeling that we are all practicing together.

Iā€™m sure youā€™ve thought about all of this and Iā€™m just rehashing old ideas. Thank you for all that you do!

Hello David,

Thank you so much for this website. Iā€™ve been a member for almost two years, and am very grateful for the amazing work you all do to present your excellent classes, and for the wonderful community spirit in evidence here.

Iā€™m posting my question here because I actually misinterpreted the posterā€™s question as my own, in that I am wondering if you, or any of the teachers on this site, offer ā€œliveā€ - as in brick and mortar ā€˜liveā€™ - classes in Victoria, BC?

I understand this is not relevant to most members, but I live on the Sunshine Coast of BC and visit family in Victoria regularly. When Iā€™m there, it would be lovely to have the opportunity to attend classes taught by teachers I ā€œknowā€ from my home practice. Is this a possibility?

Thank-you again; itā€™s a pleasure to doyogawithyou!

1 Like

Hello!

Thank you so much for the kind wordsā€¦ and for spreading the word! It makes me really happy to hear that you like the community spirit. Thatā€™s one thing that I love about what this has become. It really feels that way to me.

Yes, most of our teachers run classes in Victoria or Vancouver. If you go to Our Teachers page, each instructor has a website or a way of contacting them so you can reach out to each individually. That would be happy to fill you in and if you donā€™t find the answers youā€™re looking for, let me know.

Take care,

David

Thanks so much for your help David - made arrangments to participate in a class with Melissa when Iā€™m in town next week. She was incredibly accommodating, and Iā€™m really looking forward to class :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic! I think you will love her even more in person. :slight_smile:

Hi David,
Just adding my voice to this request. I am so grateful to be able to practice regularly in a remote community where I donā€™t have access to a studio. DYWM has been a lifesaver and huge contributor to my wellbeing - I love the variety of classes and there are so many phenomenal instructors who share their wisdom, knowledge, and spirit on this site. However, after two years of regular ā€œdistanceā€ practice, I find that I am really missing the sense of community and shared energy that comes with an in-person class. Obviously, a live class will only somewhat address this, but I would be very interested and participate if you choose to offer them!
Thanks for everything,
Chanda

1 Like

Thanks, Chanda. I totally get that - the in-person community can have a big, positive impact on our lives. Would you consider coming to one of our retreats? We typically have 3 or 4 running each year.