Purchase Yoga mats

Which yoga mat should I buy? Unable to decide
https://www.costco.com/life-energy-ekosmart-yoga-mat%2C-2-pack.product.1
or
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L9LBKKW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=

2 Likes

Hi there.

Welcome to the community!

Those are both pretty good mats. I’ve spent the last year researching materials in yoga mats and, if you’ll allow me to make a suggestion, would you be open to considering eco-friendly yoga mats? The reason is that the majority of yoga mats are made with a highly toxic and non-biodegradable plastic called PVC and you can easily find many others that are made from natural substances like rubber and cork. If this piques your interest, check out our 17 Best Eco-Friendly Yoga Mats of 2020 and our article, Be Good to the Planet - The Environmental Impact of Yoga Mats.

Eco-friendly yoga mats tend to be a little more expensive than PVC mats, but it’s really worth it. They feel better and are much better for the environment.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

4 Likes

There’s a very eco friendly yogamat from soweflow.com available for pre-order right now. (No affiliation)

I do love David’s practice without plastic initiative! Let’s all make our practice sustainable.

I have scoured through the links you have on for yoga mats, as well as articles about eco-friendly ones online. I am dedicated to finding a mat that is eco-friendly, but I’m also looking for one that I will not slip on during my practice, particularly in downward dog. I sweat quite a bit practicing with Fiji. I am now using a hand towel at the top of my mat, which works, but is slips around and I get caught on it sometimes. There are so many mixed reviews out there on different mats, yoga towels, and yoga rugs. Do you have a suggestion on the type of mat/rug/towel, and then maybe a specific one? Any advice would be much appreciated!

1 Like

I takt liked my YogaRahj eco mat
Soweflow.cim has a really nice eco mat at specials price right now

I would suggest Liforme, Tranquil Yogi or 2nd Wind. They make similar mats that provide grip, whether hot yoga or not.