Gentle yoga for Long Covid, chronic pain sufferers?

I love your site, and the classes have been a big part of my yoga practice for years. But, due to physical challenges and pain after Covid (mine was in Feb of 2020), I find I cannot do most of the classes anymore… I just can’t quite keep up! I suspect I am not alone in wishing for more slow-paced, gentle classes that still allow one to be a part of this community.

6 Likes

Hello Kate :wave: I just did Melissa Krieger’s Morning Meditation and Stretch. It’s about 20 minutes and really gentle and you definitely feel yogish! I too haven’t been feeling well and it was just the thing to get me going! Also Guy Friswell has a few too: Slow Flow seated practice, 20 min. and it’s on the beach ! And one called just called Slow Flow. I like to use the filter search feature when I want something specific -you can put in your time , ability level, type of yoga etc.
Welcome to the forum !
Heather

1 Like

I highly recommend Melissa’s classes, as well. She has a lovely, slower paced style and has many Beginner I and II classes.

1 Like

Hi Kate, It look like you have been given some great advice. I would also reccommend Mellissa, her hatha classes are great. Guy has some nice gentle flows too!

1 Like

I suggest you consider restorative and yin yoga classes for quiet, calming, slow classes

1 Like