Post op recovery through yoga

Dear team, thank you for being here for me throughout the last few years.

I have recently undergone surgery for bowel cancer and am currently living with a stoma. I am three weeks post op and beginning to feel I would like to start doing some yoga again, and wondered if you could recommend a class to help me. My body no longer feels like mine. I am obviously a bit depleted in my core and in no rush to push myself, but know I need to challenge a little. I am, at least I was, a young 63. I have practiced yoga regularly for the last 20 years. I am now prone to hernias due to surgery and my mood needs managing as I am still waiting on histology and an unknown future.

I am sorry it has taken this recent catastrophe in my life to contact you. For a long time I have wanted to write and say thank you for being there throughout the lockdowns. I hope you realise just what a huge difference you make to the world with this generous resource.

Metta,
Claire

2 Likes

Hi there!
I can hear you😉
Speaking only for me, classes with Melissa have brought me on the track again. Wishing you all my best!

1 Like

Hi Claire, Thank you for sharing and reaching out. I am happy you are recovering and healing and hope soon, your body again feels like your own. Have patience with yourself, healing takes time and yoga will always be there waiting for you.

The best guide to follow is your own body, I would start with some gentle classes, modify any movements that feel like too much and then go and grow from there. Melissa has some lovely gentle flows and she is so nurtuing which might be a nice place to start.

Fiji

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to me.
Really kind of you.
I will check out Melissa

1 Like

Dear Fiji,
Thank you for your wise words, they make perfect sense and are just what I needed to hear.
I will have a look at Melissa’s gentle flows over time.

Wishing you well.
Claire

1 Like

Claire

Try some of David’s PNF classes. PNF stand for Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation. I’m dealing with some quad tendonitis and I have found these classes very helpful to getting specific muscles to relax and stretch. You can use them to assist with your recovery

Namaste,

Scott

2 Likes