Intermediate prenatal yoga

Hi there,

First I want to say how much I love DYWM. I started yoga because of it and now, almost a year later, I wouldn’t know what to do without it. I practice every day, mostly power yoga.

But now I’m pregnant. Which of course is great, but I’m not sure how to continue my practice, without necessarily having to ‘scale down’ to prenatal yoga, which is mostly designed for people who haven’t been doing much yoga before. Is that right?

I’ve read somewhere online that if you have been doing a lot of yoga before the pregnancy, you can just continue, although you need to take care of yourself and your own boundaries more than before. But then there are so many rules to live by, that I don’t really feel safe enough to do that anyway.

So what I would love is some sort of guidelines, which help me to do the classes I did before, but with alternatives for pregnant yogi. Preferably specific for each trimester.

Or maybe an intermediate program?

Looking forward to your ideas or advice!
Many thanks in advance!

Noortje

1 Like

Hello Noortje.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It’s exciting, isn’t it?

Have you had a look at what we have available for prenatal yoga classes? Fiji has filmed quite a few prenatal classes, some beginner and some intermediate. Sarah-Jane has also filmed a series of classes, mostly beginner, as well as a program called Yoga for Pregnancy, Labour and Parenthood.

Yes, perhaps an intermediate program would be good!

Let me know if you have any more thoughts.

Cheers,

David