Reflect and Connect

Really nice to be reminded of choosing stretch over comfort all for ease later on. Brava, Fiji. That was a sweet useful read.

Thank you for your newsletters with your spiritual musings and promptings. They bring me back to focus on and continue down my lifeā€™s path and focus on and continue with my lifeā€™s purpose.

1 Like

I am so happy to hear that you are following along on the Reflect and Connect Journey and that my thoughts are resonating with you. It has been such a wonderful way to creatively express so much of what yoga means to me both on and off the mat. There is not much space to speak to these things between poses during a normal class :slight_smile:

Yes, please keep ā€˜em coming. Arthritis in my hips has changed my yoga practice dramatically, but I still practice. Gratefully, I donā€™t have any arthritis in my spirit, so that is growing and growing! :blush: I read your articles very carefully and consider everything you say, how it is reflected in my life, and what I may bring to my life to reflect more of what you write about.

1 Like

Hello,

should i find the newsletter inside this forum? if so, i need some direction there please. or is there a signup link so i get them via email?
would love to follow either way!
cheers

Hi Nina, You have brought up a great point, that joining the newsletter is maybe not as easy as it should be! I will look into making it easier on the home page. For now you can go to any class page and scroll to the bottom under the comments and you should see a prompt to join the newseltter!

Hi, where is the Values Inventory List? When I click on the link in the email, it just brings me to the forum. Thanks,

Accountability
Achievement
Activism
Adaptability
Adventure
Altruism
Ambition
Authenticity
Balance
Beauty
Being the best
Being a good sport
Belonging
Career
Caring
Co-creation
Collaboration
Commitment
Community
Compassion
Competence
Confidence
Connection
Contentment
Contribution
Cooperation
Courage
Creativity
Curiosity
Dignity
Diversity
Efficiency
Environment
Equality
Ethics
Excellence
Fairness
Faith
Family
Financial stability
Forgiveness
Freedom
Friendship
Fun
Future generations
Generosity
Giving back
Grace
Gratitude
Growth
Harmony
Health
Heritage
Home
Honesty
Hope
Humility
Humor
Inclusion
Independence
Initiative
Integrity
Intuition
Job security
Joy
Justice
Kindness
Knowledge
Leadership
Learning
Legacy
Leisure
Love
Loyalty
Making a difference
Nature
Openness
Optimism
Order
Parenting
Patience
Patriotism
Peace
Perseverance
Personal fulfillment
Power
Pride
Recognition
Reliability
Resourcefulness
Respect
Responsibility
Risk-taking
Security
Self-discipline
Self-expression
Self-respect
Serenity
Service
Simplicity
Spirituality
Stewardship
Success
Teamwork
Thrift
Time
Tradition
Travel
Trust
Truth
Understanding
Uniqueness
Usefulness
Vision
Vulnerability
Wealth
Wellbeing
Wholeheartedness

Thanks Fiji! BTW I love your classes so much :heart:

Heather Gramlow

Here is a list of values to go with the Jan 15th Reflect and Connect

Accountability
Achievement
Activism
Adaptability
Adventure
Altruism
Ambition
Authenticity
Balance
Beauty
Being the best
Being a good sport
Belonging
Career
Caring
Co-creation
Collaboration
Commitment
Community
Compassion
Competence
Confidence
Connection
Contentment
Contribution
Cooperation
Courage
Creativity
Curiosity
Dignity
Diversity
Efficiency
Environment
Equality
Ethics
Excellence
Fairness
Faith
Family
Financial stability
Forgiveness
Freedom
Friendship
Fun
Future generations
Generosity
Giving back
Grace
Gratitude
Growth
Harmony
Health
Heritage
Home
Honesty
Hope
Humility
Humor
Inclusion
Independence
Initiative
Integrity
Intuition
Job security
Joy
Justice
Kindness
Knowledge
Leadership
Learning
Legacy
Leisure
Love
Loyalty
Making a difference
Nature
Openness
Optimism
Order
Parenting
Patience
Patriotism
Peace
Perseverance
Personal fulfillment
Power
Pride
Recognition
Reliability
Resourcefulness
Respect
Responsibility
Risk-taking
Security
Self-discipline
Self-expression
Self-respect
Serenity
Service
Simplicity
Spirituality
Stewardship
Success
Teamwork
Thrift
Time
Tradition
Travel
Trust
Truth
Understanding
Uniqueness
Usefulness
Vision
Vulnerability
Wealth
Wellbeing
Wholeheartedness

A practice to restrain the values to a few to focus on is so helpful - otherwise, everything seems way too important!

My tops for this year:
Accountability
Authenticity
Community
Compassion
Competence

Thatā€™s already a lot in 5 :slight_smile: Thank you, Fiji!

2 Likes

Hi Fiji and community!
I have been practising yoga for probably 25 -30 years. I feel patient with my practice but a bit annoyed at the fact that I am not as strong as I was a few years ago. (Is that a contradiction?) Now 73 years old, it is a little more challenging to do Chaturanga Dandasana without dropping to my knees.
I love DYWM and all the teachers. Thank you for this newsletterā€¦

3 Likes

Hi Marta,

Well may I say that is all about perspective, because I would declare you my role model! It is my hope that I am still able to do chaturanga at 73, knees on the ground or off!!

Yoga meets us where we are, and allows us to thrive at every age and stage. It also asks us to meet ourselves where we are at each age and stage and adapt to meet our current needs.

I am only 43 and already have days where I remember the times whenā€¦
When big poses were easier, or when I felt motivated to strive a bit more. I am also grateful that this practice is so adaptable and that it can change as I change, and the lessons I have learned along the way are far more meaningful than chaturanga will ever be.

Practice to practice!

Fiji

Iā€™m so surprised and pleased that you took the time to write me!!
Last summer, I visited Victoria (I live in Montreal) and wanted to come to a live practice of yours or any other DYWM teacher. Unfortunately, I was staying with a friend right downtown and far from where you were teaching yoga.

BTW, today I did my Chatarunga practice from the toes. I had been placing my hands in the wrong area and was losing power because of it. :laughing:

Marta

1 Like

Oh Marta,

It would have been wonderful to meet you in person! Hopefully you will visit again and come practice with some of us live in studio!

Happy to hear your practice is still evolving with new things to refine and learn, it is an ongoing practice!