Sangha Session 18: "What is your favorite playlist and which DYWM teacher goes best with it?

Sangha sessions are community dialogues about interesting, yoga-related topics. They take place every second week. This week, our Sangha question is:

"What is your favorite playlist and which DYWM teacher goes best with it?

What music do you like to do yoga to? Do you like ambient music, hip hop, rock n roll, jazz, classical… fill us in and maybe realize we’re missing out!

I don’t have a favourite playlist. I actually don’t like any music when doing yoga or meditating! For me yoga and meditation are precious times where I want to connect fully with my own heart, mind and body. No matter how nice the music, I find it distracting and invasive when doing yoga… So I am relieved that you still have some yoga lessons that are without music! The world is filled with music no matter where one goes with only very few exceptions…

4 Likes

I total agree with annette 2. I don’t need music when doing yoga or meditation. I enjoy beeing in silence and listen to my heart. Music distract me, while I try connecting with myself.

4 Likes

I haven’t practiced yoga with music on yet. I have made my own playlist over time for exactly this purpose, for when I’m ready, but I see it being quite a way off for me. I’m still learning so much, such a beginner, I may never get to it and I’m completely OK with that :slightly_smiling_face: I love the peace and quiet of yoga, as well as hearing the birds and waves in the background of the DYWM videos. A long, quiet savasana at this point in my practice is absolute bliss.

2 Likes

Below is a link to my personal R&B playlist on Google Play Music. There’s obviously a lot of music on here (I don’t think a 34 hour yoga session is possible!), so I normally put it on shuffle, turn on a restorative yoga session with either Satiya or Melissa, and let the good vibes flow.

1 Like