Sangha Session 24: "How are you doing and what are you doing to cope with world events?"

We’ve brought back our much-beloved Sangha Sessions!

For episode #24, we are asking ‘How are you doing?’. With Covid-19 spiking around the world, global protests around race and equality, the most partisan U.S. elections in history, and much more, it’s difficult not to be affected by it all!

How are you doing and what are you doing to cope?

Hello DYWM team and community, thank you to all. This year has been difficult for most of us and I am trying to accept myself with my imperfections, as Fiji’s classes often mention and also understand and have compassion for us all who do our best with our limitations and setbacks. Not easy to feel, even if I know that it is an understandable, reasonable and healthier “truth.” DYWM’s classes have been a daily anchor in my life for over four years. This year, as I am struggling to find and create a home for my kids for the second time, and sometimes acting so much less than I know I could and want to act, I am heavily relying on your yoga classes to help me accept and question and change my fears and anxieties and the fallout behavior towards myself and kids. My 13 year old has been rotating Melissa, Rachel, Satiya, David and Guy’s classes into her schedule! My 11 year old sometimes tries out David’s PNF or the shorter classes. I am so grateful, thankful and appreciative of your website! Anna

3 Likes

Hello all,
Yes, these are truly trying and interesting times. I am in the U.S. and am trying to stay positive. I and most people thought the election would be a landslide in favor of Joe Biden–but alas, that is not to be. We are still awaiting the results. I am doing many of the yoga lessons just to keep a positive attitude and stay calm. I am truly grateful to you and your team for having this website, it is absolutely fabulous! I have set a goal to do yoga every day, whether or not I finish the entire session, but at least to try and improve my mental and physical self. Again, thanks for all you do.

4 Likes

Living in Montana, dealing with Covid and closure of The Yellowstone Institute, DYWM has been a life-saver. I had to cancel my retreat with Tracey Noseworthy back in March. You were so wonderful in your response that I became a paying member. I love your site, your instructors, the challenges and classes. Thank you for being a light in the darkness. I’m lucky to have DYWM in my life. Combined with hiking, my equanimity gets restored daily.

2 Likes

I live in the US and began Fiji’s Calm in the Chaos challenge on Election Day and fell in love with it! I am home with 2 high school students and a college student doing online learning, awaiting Trump’s removal from office while trying to keep my words civil and my attitude hopeful and calm. I am currently unemployed and just waiting in limbo for what comes next. How do I cope? Some days I eat too many M&M’s, some days I am super productive. Yoga with DYWM is my one constant and am trying hard to do a practice every day! Thank you so much for being here for all of us!

3 Likes

I really appreciate hearing from everyone. Hopefully this feels like a way for you to connect with like-minded people around the world who are finding it hard to live with Covid, among other circumstances.

2 Likes

Hello all,
This has really been a wild ride. I returned to my mat with the Calm in the Chaos series. I haven’t practiced in many months. Post COVID fatigue and breathlessness really got me hard. I was so revived and encouraged when I could practice and feel really grounded and connected. I have been lucky to be working through this whole time. I work in a hospital and despite the challenges of masking etc, the gift of actually seeing people and learning to communicate with half my face covered has been a blessing. The weather in New England is starting to slip towards winter so our hiking will be less but I do live with my husband and one son so I am not isolated. I miss seeing friends and family but it feels so uncertain and risky. I look forward to a whole new world come January. I am aiming for positive thoughts for health and prosperity of soul and, perhaps, some more calm throughout the country and the world. I send my friends to your website, as I have for years, to share a refuge in the unknown. Thank you for being a part of the world

3 Likes

I try to look forward to at least one new thing every day. Today it was a subscription to this site because I can’t get enough Ron Stewart! Thank you doyogawithme for building something that has improved my life substantially.

3 Likes