Teacher training cost?

I hope I’m not just missing it, but is there a cost estimate for the upcoming teacher training? It sounds amazing but I don’t want to get my hopes up if it will break the budget. Thanks for all the amazing content you already put out!

4 Likes

Seconded - I’m curious too (and excited!).

1 Like

Hello @daphnerweiss and @c.a.kenney78. Are you on our YTT Newsletter list? We sent out the dates and costs last week to all who have subscribed. If not, you can do so here:

https://welcome.doyogawithme.com/yoga-teacher-training/

Below I’ve included the information from the last newsletter. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care,

David

Prices for the Yoga Teacher Training have been announced!

Below you will find our Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 course pricing, our official Level 1 launch date and the first date that you can do Level 1 together with a cohort.

You will always have the option to take the curriculum when you like and at your own pace, but we recommend joining a cohort since you can learn the material together, connect and share with other students and reach faculty with questions more quickly.

For those committed to going through the whole program, you may purchase the complete Levels 1 & 2 as a package for additional savings!
Level 1 Launch Date: September 16th

Course Pricing (in US$)

Level 1

• Level 1 Orientation = Free

• 15 Courses x $35 = $525

• 1 on 1 Coaching & Final Assessment With Faculty = $150

• A La Carte Total = $675
    Bundle and Save! Level 1 Package = $600

Level 2

• Level 1 Orientation = Free
  • 15 courses x $35 = $525
  • 1 on 1 Coaching & Final Assessment With Faculty = $150
  • A la carte total = $675
    Bundle and Save! Level 2 Package = $600

Level 1 and 2 Package = $1150

Level 3
(Travel expenses not included in pricing)

• Level 3 Retreat Training = $1500

• 7 Days of Accommodation and Food: Not available yet

Level 3 Locations:

East Coast and West Coast of North America and possibly Europe (depending on demand)in the fall/winter of 2020/2021.

Important Dates

• Monday, September 16: Registration for Level 1 open to all

• Monday, October 14: First cohort training begins

(Cohort Workload: 5-6 hours per week)

• Jan 3-Feb 17: Level 1 Cohort Assessments
  • May 18: Registration for Level 2 open to all

Thanks so much, David! Apparently I signed up for YTT updates with an email address other than the one I use to sign in to DYWM, and that email “hid” the YTT update! :frowning: All fixed now - I gave Gmail a good talking to, i.e. I told it to ALWAYS put emails from DYWM right in my primary inbox so I won’t miss a thing :slight_smile: I’m really excited. And a little nervous. What if I’m not “ready”? I would consider myself intermediate beginner…maybe advanced beginner? Maybe early intermediate… I’m worried the 7 day “level 3” will be too advanced for me. Is this training for everyone or should I wait until I’m more “advanced”? Sorry for all the questions, thanks for any answers.
Cheers,
Caroline

1 Like

I’m signed up and received an newsletter, but not the one posted here. Thank you for the info.

1 Like

My pleasure! We’ll have a link with the details ready very soon.
Cheers,
David

I am very interested in pursuing the teacher training course, thank you for all of the information that you sent out via your newsletter and in this post. I have just a few questions: if we complete level one, do we have to take level two right after the completion of level one? I’m trying to figure out costs and how much I can budget for one year. Do you think you might be offering level two again next fall? Will there be a possibility of a retreat not in the fall or winter? I’m a teacher and I am never able to take time off in the fall or winter. Could you explain more what a cohort is? Do we need to find somebody locally to participate in the course as well? Thanks for any clarification you can give me! I’m super excited about the possibility of this course, and hope it works out.

1 Like

Hi there. Welcome to the forum!

You can do the training along with a cohort, on a specific schedule, or you can do them as you like, when you like. We will be offering Levels 1 and 2 in cycles, likely starting a cohort twice a year, depending on the demand. If we have enough people interested, we could run them three times a year. We will also be receiving feedback from people on the optimal dates and locations for the retreat, so anything is possible. I can’t give you a specific answer to that yet. The cohort is a group of students who have the opportunity to learn together as they go through a course. No, you don’t need to find anyone locally - the cohort would be the group who is interested in starting at the same time and they would likely be from around the world.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

David

Thanks, David! I appreciate the response. All sounds great, I am open to beginning level 1 and seeing where that takes me, I am hopeful I’ll be able to continue and at some point attend a retreat to finish my certification. I am a chemistry and physics teacher, but I would also love to teach yoga at my school to my students as an elective course. So we’ll see how it goes! Take care! Love DYWM!

1 Like

Sounds great! That sounds like a great skill to have as a school teacher.

I love that you love us!