Yoga Teacher Training - Insights

Hi all

I have not been on the forum in a while as I have totally immersed in my 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training over the past nine months. Now that the truly transformative course has come to an end, I am happy to share insights with forum members.

Are you considering whether to do YTT, but are not sure what it entails?

Are you concerned about whether you would be able to manage the workload?

Do you wonder how you deal with juggling YTT and everything else in your life?

Do you have any other questions about YTT, but have never been sure who to ask?

I may not have all of the answers, but I’m certainly happy to share my experiences. I’m sure others on the site would do so too. Fire away with any questions… namaste.

2 Likes

Glad to hear the training is going well! I’m training as a complementary therapist right now but I do want to incorporate yoga in the future as a way of healing for people so I hope I’ll do the training at some point. The thing i always wonder is how to pick a training provider as there are so many out there and you want to get the right one?

1 Like

Hey Helen - sorry for the extended delay in replying. I’ve been having so much fun working my way through Fiji’s back catalog of classes I’ve had little time for the forum :slight_smile: Great to hear you’re training to become a therapist and looking at ways in which you can incorporate yoga into the healing practice.

You’re right to raise the question about yoga training providers. There are so many, and it can be completely bewildering. I am lucky in that Bristol, UK has one of the best 200 hours courses available in the UK at Bristol School of Yoga. I still did my research on their offer and others before committing to joining their course.

I think it’s always a good idea to go to somewhere where you at least know and have experience of some of the teachers and their styles. You will be spending a lot of time with them over the course, so you want to be happy in their company. equally, that they have the necessary skills to be able to teach in a way that supports your learning. It’s a lot of money to commit to the course, so you need to be sure.

Check out the course curriculums for various providers to see what they cover. Opt for those courses that offer a more comprehensive course. Equally, ask if they have any testimonials/feedback from previous students they are happy to share with you.

Also, look at the course structure. I was on a course with 4 day blocks of studio time over a 10 month period. This worked best for me, but my school also offered weekend courses over longer timescales. Have a serious think about how much time you have to commit to the course and what best suits your lifestyle/other interests.

Hope that’s enough to be going on with - feel free to ask any further Qs.

1 Like

Hi Helen. I thought I’d piggy back on Rbr 3003’s answer as well and offer another perspective… Hope that is ok. I live in a small town and when I decided to take my 200 Yoga Teacher Training, I had no prior experience with any of the instructors, nor the place, as I had been doing yoga online mostly. I decided that a 26 day immersion would be best for me. I chose Yandara in Baja pretty much because I found it online. I researched what they offered, what people said about them and the training, and then just leapt forth! It was one of the best things I ever did, life-changing. They also offered a 16 day immersion but I wanted more time to assimilate the info, so chose the 26 day. So very glad I did! Wishing you all the best in your present and future trainings.

1 Like