Yoga classes to loosen up the tension in Pelvis or fix APT

Hello fellow Yogis and Yoginis,

Apparently my pelvis floor muscles are super tight and been that way for a long time due to a combinaiton of APT and my habit of sucking belly in whenever I get stressed. It’d be fair to say that my pelvis holds most of my tension and stress.

Are there and daily practices/routines here that you guys can recommend for loosening up the Pelvis and correcting my APT (Bonus points if one there is one single routine that does it). I will be be happy to also learn from your experiences if you have faced similar issues.

PS: I am an overweight male in my early 30s if that matters.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the community!

I have a two class series that I would recommend, plus one more that is mostly lying a seated. Have a look at these and let me know if they are the types of classes that you are looking for:

Yoga for Lower Back Pain: Strengthen, Stretch and Relax Your Back I
Yoga for Lower Back Pain: Strengthen, Stretch and Relax Your Back II
Deep Release for the Hips, Hamstrings and Lower Back

I know they all refer to the lower back, but they primarily focus on muscles on all sides of the pelvis.

Let me know if you check them out.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

I tried all of them and did find them to be quite useful. It would be really great to have a dedicated routine to pelvis floor flexibility and relaxation. I hear now a days most of us carry our stress and tension in pelvis.

In some poses I started getting cramp on the outer side of pelvis though (The part where the legs are joined with upper torso. ) Not sure if that is bad sign or the sign that something that was very week is being worked on. Any ideas ?

Thanks

1 Like

Glad to hear. We have quite a few classes that would suit your purpose, but you’re right, it would be great to have one that is dedicated to this.

It sounds like your psoas was cramping - and yes, that’s typically because it is weak. You could do an online search on strengthening exercises for the psoas. There is likely a lot out there.