Yoga for adults with ADHD

Has anyone made any experience with yoga as a treatment/therapy for ADHD?

Or are there any clues for meditation practice for people with this issue?

1 Like

In my experience, the effects of yoga depends on the person. Some people with ADHD respond best to vigorous yoga and others to slow-paced yoga or meditation. Is this for you or someone you know?

Thanks for your response. It is for me. 2 years ago I was diagnosed and since then I am searching for ways to calm down.

1 Like

Ok. Have you found certain teachers or styles to work for you? I would recommend trying seated meditation - you may want to start with my Mindfulness meditation videos or audio. You could mix that with some challenging yoga classes, depending on what level you are at.

1 Like

Thank you for your advice. I guess I am not ready for meditation yet.
I will work my way through your videos here, attending “real” classes is diffcult for me, because I get distracted very easily. It is all about patience…

1 Like

Ok, sounds like a good plan. Let me know how it goes for you.
Yes, patience certainly helps! :slight_smile:

I see that it has been a while since this conversation has ended but wanted to thank you for the thread as i find it personally very helpful

2 Likes

Good to hear! It’s an important issue.

1 Like

Happy to see other peolpe being interested in this topic! I found out for myself that Poweryoga/Vinyasa is very helpful in my case. The flow keeps my mind busy and the need to stay focused is perfect for me. As a contrast I try to do my best with Yin Yoga…

1 Like