A place for pose suggestions

I am wondering if there is somewhere to suggest future poses we would like to see videos based around…or a place to look up videos that contain certain poses…I am looking to learn about peacock pose and dragonfly pose…thank you in advance

1 Like

There is is a great dragonfly class – https://www.doyogawithme.com/content/building-dragonfly-pose

I haven’t seen Mayurasana pop up in any of the classes I’ve done, but perhaps others know more!

2 Likes

Thanks, great question. And it’s great timing, since we are now working on what we will be calling peak pose challenges.

We do, as Amanda pointed out, have a few classes that have a peak as the focus, and we are now designing 2 to 5 class series that challenge you to learn to do difficult poses, like forearm balance and full wheel. Pincha Mayurasana with Fiji is actually the first, and you will see three of those classes have been posted in the last couple weeks. Coming soon, variations on dancers pose, also with Fiji.

We are excited to see what you think about them, so feel free to share on the forum.

1 Like

The forearm balance classes by Fiji really helped me nail down where I was going wrong. I haven’t got it yet but am much closer.

One suggestion though…I had to message Fiji on FB to ask her how to fall out of the pose when I take it away from the wall. She told me how, but I was thinking how great it would be if the teachers could also teach how to fall out of the inversions safely.

Oh yes, great suggestion. It’s just as important to teach how to do a pose as it is to fall out of it.

I’ll ponder this one. In the meantime, if anyone has suggestions for ‘fall out’ tutorials for particular poses, let me know in this thread.

Cheers,

David
DoYogaWithMe Founder

Yes! I too need this. Handstand, head stand and forearm balance for sure… handstand is the one I “fear” the most in for some reason

1 Like

Ok, great suggestions. Thanks.

I would love to see a series on crow pose. I would also like to see a new series based on yoga nidrasana - though I will admit that Christa’s Put Your Foot Behind Your Head has been fantastic at helping me work into that pose.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Crow pose is a great one.

Satiya did a 2-part series on snail pose, which is one step away from yoga nidrasana. She takes a slow hatha/yin approach, which is wonderfully delicious and deep. You will already see the first class on the site, called Snail Pose: Opening. The second class, called Snail Pose: Deepening, will be posted on Monday, August 28th.

I’m considering getting one of our vinyasa teachers to teach a series on yoga nidrasana, so stay tuned.

Take care,

David
DoYogaWithMe Founder

OK…Found a new one I would like to learn how to practice getting into…Shalabhasana (Chest Standing)…I am having a lot more mobility in my back and I would love to learn how to even begin this one

1 Like

I need to refine my technique into Raja kapotasana or King Pigeon Pose and Padma Bhujangasana or Lotus Cobra Pose. These have similar entries.
Eka Pada Bakasana or One Leg Crane with the extended leg behind you. I don’t feel set enough to extend one leg.
Mayurasana or Peacock Pose I have trouble because I am long waisted I feel like my elbows are not far enough back, making any high very difficult.
Thanks so much if you would consider tutorials on these difficult poses. It is all about finding the right alignment and engagement.
Mel

1 Like

Thank you! That’s a good one for backbending and back strength.

Yes, great suggestions. Thank you.