Any suggested classes for Skiers?

My wife and I are enjoying many of the DoYogaWithMe classes. As we start downhill ski season, wondering if anyone has a suggested class(es) that would be helpfull in targeting leg/core strength, flexibility, and balance? Thanks!

1 Like

Melissa Krieger’s Core Strength and Stretch is a very good class. I always come back to that one periodically. She also has one called Yoga for Inner Strength that’s a good one!

Thanks Duke bball
I’ll check those out!

I have a few options to add. Are you a subscriber, @Jgries98? And have you done pilates?
I find that mixing pilates (which gives you core strength) and yoga is a great combination for athletes in general, particularly those relying on core strength and joint mobility to remain healthy. We have two pilates challenges that you can do, alternating with yoga that gives you flexibility. As @duke_bball_1 said, Melissa’s classes are a great bridge between those two worlds as well. I also have quite a few classes that mix core strength and flexibility, like in our Establish Your Core Stability and Strength

I just did Fiji McAlpine’s “Chakra One Flow”. It includes quite a few poses that my in-person yoga teachers do to prepare people for the downhill ski season here in Switzerland. This particular class will help strengthen your legs, knees and core. There are a couple of transitions that will also help with your balance.

1 Like

Sounds great, thanks. Hoping for lots more snow in Vermont and until then I will be giving that class a few tries!

1 Like

David, yes I’m a subscriber… and very happy with DYWM!
Never done Pilates, but based on your recommendation, I will be checking it out this week. Thank you!
Been looking for additions to the classes that I’ve been doing, which have been mostly a combo of flexibility and core strength. Wishing you and everyone at DYWM a happy and healthy New Year!

1 Like