DYWM on YouTube

Recently, the videos on the DYWM website freeze after playing on my iPad for a few moments. At first, I thought it might be my WiFi or just the longer videos, but even the shorter ones are now freezing. Although I like being able to purchase and download videos for offline use, I can’t afford to do that for all videos. I have been using the free DYWM YouTube videos which play with no problems. This makes me feel a bit disloyal to the DYWM website, but I assume the ads at the beginning of the DYWM YouTube videos provide income for DYWM. My WiFi works fine for all other Internet access.

I too have been having ptoblems but I play the videos over the internet via Samsung tv. They just freeze all of a sudden. The screen goes black with the message an error occurred. The YouTube videos play without a glitch.

@mb8649 It sounds like you might be having an issue with caching. Can you try clearing your browser’s cache and try again? Or try on another browser to narrow down the issue?

@dmco6863 We can’t really provide support for users who play videos on smart tvs at the moment. There are so many different configurations and not a lot of ways to provide good answers. We are in the process of creating an OTT app that will be available on Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire. That will be the best way to view our videos on a TV. It should be available in a couple of months.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. After doing these things, Safari browser works better on my iPad Pro. It will still freeze, but just for a second or two. Chrome doesn’t work nearly as well as Safari, and freezes more often, but it, too, will restart. Previously, when Safari or Chrome froze, I had to close the website and start over. The problem is probably with my iPad Pro which I’ve had since October 2017. However, it’s only DYWM videos that freeze. I have an older (2014 release) iPad Air which has no problems streaming the DYWM videos. I also have an old (early 2011) very dependable MacBook Pro that streams all videos, including DYWM, without problems. I prefer using the iPad Pro for DYWM because it weighs less than the MacBook Pro and has a larger screen than the iPad Air. I will keep experimenting with the iPad Pro to see if I can find a solution to the freezing DYWM videos.

@mb8649 Ah ok, yes iPad Pros might not be supported by our video host. I will check with them and let you know what I find out.