I am new to the site

Hi I’m new to this site. I am 58 years old. For many years I had the good fortune of having a yoga studio across the street from my workplace but since March I have been working from home and the yoga studio/s actually closed. I was heartbroken and it looks like online opportunities are the wave of the future.

I was wondering which classes would be good for someone in my situation to gradualy get back into my practice. Thanks for having site cool site. It looks like the next best thing t

1 Like

Hi there. Welcome! Glad that you found us!

Can you tell me a bit more about yourself? What level do you consider your self to be, how flexible are you, how active are you and what style of yoga do your prefer?

Cheers,

David
DoYogaWithMe Founder

David - thank you so much for the welcome. I’m 58 going on 59 so there’s that lol. I work at a desk (at home now) all day so not all that active except that I do walk several miles a day. I haven’t quite gained the quarantine 15 but I have gained a few so I’m not in my best shape. I used to go to level 2 classes and do well with a few modifications. That was four months ago. Oh and I have degenerative disk disease in my lower back. Thanks again for your time and all of your efforts in putting this site together and since you’ve built it with what is going on in the world, many more will come :slight_smile:

PS I like align and flow and vinyasa as well as restorative types of yoga. I really love it all.

1 Like

My pleasure! Apologies for the delay in responding.

It sounds like one of these challenges would be great for you. You could mix in more gentle classes by going to our Yoga Classes page and choosing Gentle or Restorative Yoga in the drop down filters.

Build Your Resilience
Poise and Perseverance
Fundamentals of Practice

You can also adapt these challenges to your needs - you don’t have to do them according to the specific schedule.

Let me know how it goes!

Take care,

David

Thank you I will try them all!

1 Like