Migraine - what type of yoga/class?

I have had migraines for many years and my daughter has them now too. We find the poses that require your head to be hanging down to be very painful. They aggravate our issues rather than helping. Any suggestions for classes that do not require us to be upside down?
Thanks

1 Like

I also have to avoid all inversion postures due to migraine. I’ve noticed that even having my hips higher than my head can be a problem, as in lying with a bolster under the sacrum, and legs up. As good as these poses feel, I just have to avoid them or I will pay a price the next day.

I find I can really do any class, as long as I modify or avoid problem poses. And if I find any classes that have none of that, I’ll bookmark those to do again. I do find that breathing and relaxation are both really beneficial in regards to migraine, so I gravitate towards those classes.

1 Like

Hi there.

I have a few suggestions for migraines. Have you tried Fiji’s class, Yoga for Headaches and Migraines?

Many of our guided meditations could help as well. For example, in our Letting Go: Guided Meditations and Relaxations we have one called Heal Chronic Pain. You could also try any of Jennifer’s guided yoga nidra tracks on her Yoga Nidra with Jennifer Piercy album, or her Yoga Nidra: Sleep Sessions. Our album of 6-Minute Guided Meditations could also be useful if you’re short on time.

Let me know how it goes!

Take care,

David