Yoga for specific injuries?

I’ve been practicing for over 20 years and tend to choose Intermediate III classes, with a sprinkling of Advanced, in order to feel like I am getting a workout with my yoga. However, as I’m aging I’m noticing I occasionally have an injury and struggle to find a DYWM class that will compensate for it, so I end up settling for lower-quality YouTube content. For example, I broke my pinky toe in May and needed to modify for about 8 weeks. I never found a DYWM class that would accommodate my injury easily. I am currently diagnosed with a vitreous detachment in my left eye, so need to avoid inversions; again, can’t find an inversion-free class, or one that is easily adaptable. Perhaps my desire for more advanced classes puts me at a disadvantage here? If anyone can tell me how to find a class that would be eye-injury friendly it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like

Yes it can be tricky to create specific content for each injury so we tend to create classes in categories like wrist free. The wrist free classes might be good for you, as they would have less inversions. Every time a forward fold is cued you could sub in Chair pose instead!

Thank you so much! I will give this a try :+1: