Post Injury Help

Hello all you wonderful people! I have been a subscriber for a few months
now but was on my bike and hit by a car two weeks ago. I cracked my sacrum and pulled a lot of muscles and the result has been two weeks of me doing nothing. I had just gotten into the habit of daily exercise yoga/kayak on alternate days and was very much enjoying the beginner classes. I am missing the movement and don’t want to lose all I have
gained so am wondering if there are any movement classes that I could do
during this initial healing and then what to step into after the first 4
weeks. Could you help me with some suggestions?
Thanks so much!
Melanie

1 Like

Hi Melanie.
Thanks for reaching out. Have you tried our Program ‘Beginner Yoga for Optimal Lower Back Health’? It might be exactly what the doctor ordered to get your healing going, as long as it’s not too inflamed at the moment.

Thanks David will try this. Slow and easy my Dr says and this sounds like it matches what i need:) Am so feeling not exercising!! Having lost my bike in the accident (and not allowed to ride it anyway!), no kayaking, and no yoga, I am feeling a bit like a lump on a log!
Thanks so much.
Melanie

1 Like

Hey, OP, i have injured my back in the past couple of week and am looking and studying closely the muscular system of our body to see what the best way is to still do the things like the shoulder stand without the help of a wall but not overextend myself in a way which can be harmful. I think the biggest struggle for me has been to find a way to push myself but not in a way that can injure my body

Maybe use this as an opportunity to explore the other yogas such as breathe, meditation, yin. The most helpful advice i received was from a chiropractor who said, "Do nothing. Exercise does not heal bone. Then, do aquacise. Gently. Gently. "

1 Like