Sangha Session 10: "If we could design a Yoga Challenge for you, what would it be?"

I love your ideas, these are fantastic. I know I have recommended the DYWM site to my sister many times and she’s a very busy mum. She would probably love that challenge!

1 Like

I love all of the ideas on this thread, they are fantastic. What a diverse and creative community we are! I would love a series of classes that’s anywhere from 14-30 days long that starts to teach me how I could develop my own practice in terms of sequencing my own yoga sessions. Not to teach or anything like that, just for that true connection with my own body through moving in a highly intuitive way. I’m sure there are many in the community that already do this but it would be a great way to connect in with beginners and experienced practitioners alike.

2 Likes

Would absolutely love a Yoga for Seniors challenge. Some of us are never going to be able to do the things that other yoga practitioners take for granted–like sitting on our legs–but we need to keep moving. You’ve got some great seniors classes–that’s what keeps me coming back to you…

1 Like

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback. Yes, there are so many things we take for granted before we experience them ourselves.

Do you know that we have a Senior’s 30-Day Challenge launching January 1st, as a part of our New Year’s 30-Day Challenge series? Here’s the link:

https://www.doyogawithme.com/challenge/back-to-health-seniors

To read more about them, go here:

https://www.doyogawithme.com/blog/new-years-challenges-2019

Cheers,

David

Since my schedule doesn’t always work with studio Yoga, Pilates, and Barre Pilates classes, I would like a Challenge that includes Yoga and Pilates classes I could do at home. If there is not enough interest in the DYWM community for such a Challenge, I like mjscott88’s suggestion of a Challenge where I could develop my own Challenge with Yoga and Pilates classes from those offered on the DYWM website.

3 Likes

I would love to see both a postnatal challenge, with focus on improving abdominal separation / core / pelvic floor and relaxing. Maybe including an aspect with baby too.
I’d also love to have a family session to do with my children to work on strength and meditation.
I’ve really enjoyed taking part in the beginners month challenge, especially with the variety of teacher and length of sessions. For the postnatal one, I’d appreciate teachers who have given birth and struggled with improving their core. For the family one, I’d love to see a family taking part and not have the content too babyish but with a lot of verbal cues. I’d love to instil a love for yoga and mindfulness within my children.
I think both would work well as once or a couple times a week. Maybe 20-45 min each for the family. Maybe 30-60 min for postnatal.

2 Likes

I’d love a yoga challenge for those of us yogis with hypermobility!

1 Like

A great challenge for me would be one that helps me sit in the correct cross legged position easier by the end of the challenge than at the start of the challenge!

2 Likes

My struggle has always been consistency, in particular establishing a daily practice, so a great challenge for me would just be to practice something (anything) every day, just to develop the physical and mental habit of daily practice. Thanks for asking !

1 Like

Late to the party, but I would love a month-long, daily challenge building up to being able to complete 108 sun salutations safely. Not just practices doing endless sun salutes-- more like half-and-half classes with the different sun salutations in the first half and longer balances/poses/stretches in the second half, slowly building in difficulty over the course of the month. Could be a fun one in advance of the summer equinox perhaps??

Thanks for the site! I love the curated programs/challenges, so please keep adding to them!!

1 Like

I would love for there to be pre-run, post-run, and running day off classes which would address warming up, stretching after running, and classes which help balance all the overused and underused areas. This would include neck & shoulders as well as all the lower usual areas.

1 Like

That’s a great idea. Have you seen Fiji’s series that includes pre and post run classes as well as one for injury prevention? Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but we also have a program called Yoga for Runners: Improve Flexibility and Performance.

Yes, I’ve looked at and tried Fiji’s run classes. I need something more relaxed, longer held poses, and “less” difficult.

I’ve done many of the classes in the Yoga for Runners series. More relaxed(running is hard enough!) and longer held

Poses like Yin work well. I usually just make up my own series and have picked some classes which work well for me.

Thanks David, your classes are some of my very favorite.

1 Like

Thank you!
We are working to have more yin yoga classes, and have added a few over the last month. Rachel’s classes sound perfect for you - have you tried her classes?

Yes David, I love Rachel’s classes and have done and bookmarked many. I injured my rotator cuff “trying” her class for

Arm balances which was labeled “Beginner”. Slowly recovering and have to stick with seated, leg,hip, and neck classes not involving

arm raising or weighting. I love Anastasia and Sara-Janes and Satiyas yin classes as well.

1 Like

@mb8649 @rheapboettcher We just launched a 30-Day Yoga and Pilates Challenge that would be great for hyper mobility. What do you think, does that suit what you’re looking for?

@doyogawithme The challenge looks fantastic and definitely sounds like it will suit what I’m looking for! It has a few classes I already frequently visit and some new ones I haven’t tried too. I’m heavily pregnant at the moment, so I think I’ll use this challenge to rebuild strength and connection with my body postpartum once I get the go ahead to exercise. Thanks David!

1 Like

Hi David,

Yes, this Challenge is great. I am looking forward to starting it on Wednesday. I especially like the yoga/pilates fusion classes you included. Some of the classes will probably be a challenge for me, but I find challenges help me to improve. Thank you so much for being responsive to the requests of those who use DYWM. I often tell others about DYWM, and I think at least one of my friends has been using it regularly.

Marjorie Berg

1 Like

Namaste

I’d love a 14 day Challenge with Tracey and also one with Crista, please. For Challenging Intermediate to Advanced.

Also, more peak pose challenges would be amazing eg. Hanumanasana, Royal Pigeon, Bird of Paradise, Compass, Astavrakasana Aware you have instruction for those poses, which I’m very grateful for but your peak pose challenge classes are such a journey and open and strengthen the body so beautifully!

Thank you so much for all you give. This site has become an essential part of my daily practice.

You’re in luck! We have a 14-Day Challenge coming with Crista in the fall. Fiji will also be doing her second, to be launched at the beginning of September.

All great requests and I’ve taken note. Thanks!

David

1 Like