Swollen ankle (endema) yoga suggestions?

Are there any yoga poses that would help with swollen ankles? (no injury or pain, just water retention). I know “Legs up the wall” is one, just wondering if there might be other suggestions? I realize it’s a stretch to ask here (no pun intended :smiling_face:), but thanks in advance if anyone has ideas for this.
Heather

Hi Heather, I too have had this with my ankles, calves and feet swelling, and it’s painful! What brought me great relief is David Procyshyn’s class - Deep Release for the Hips, Hamstrings and Lower Back. This class helped to reduce the swelling each time. Hopefully the link to it will show up in here:

Best of health and happiness to you!
Mim

2 Likes

Great Suggestion Heather!

All inversions can help with swelling, so can gentle hatha flow, as it gets circulation going through the whole body.

Yes, thank you for this! I really need to keep moving-I find on busy days I sometimes don’t allow time for yoga .
Heather

Hi Mimi, Thanks so much for your reply! And this specific suggestion as well. I’ll try this class next! I also know I need to do yoga everyday-but tend to only plan for it on my nonworking days.
Thank for your thoughts.
Heather