Yoga books- any suggestions?

Dear all,
Im so happy that somehow I found your site last october and now cannot imagine my morning routine without your fabulous classes :slight_smile: as I am very new at yoga, I have tons of questions that I would like know. I am a book addict too so I wanted to know if there any books that you would advice me to read- about theory (for example- why in some poses we connect index finger with the thumb etc), anathomy of the yoga, asanas etc- as there are milions of the books in amazon.co.uk (but for some reason there are almost none of that kind of books in Latvia ). Thank you in advance and excuse me for my grammar mistakes :slight_smile: :see_no_evil:

Wish you all a wonderful day,
Renate

1 Like

Hi - DYWM posted this including recommended literature as a starting point…

https://www.doyogawithme.com/yoga-books

1 Like

Yes, that article is a great starting point. Thanks for posting that.

Thank you for ure post! Now i found a good present to my girl

1 Like

Hi Renate
I like the book Intelligent Yoga by David Blackaby , he is very good at suggesting lines of inquiry and helping you to become more aware of your body and find your own way forward .He is also an Osteopath so encourages poses that are natural movements for your body he also disagrees with some of the classic poses which he says are dangerous, ie exert shearing forces on the spine .
best wishes
John