Yoga to break a sweat?

Hi!
I’m looking for a class that will make me sweat. Any suggestions?
I’ve tried many of the advanced classes and they are fun and sometimes challenging, but where is the workout? I’d really like a class that is rather advanced, say Intermediate III, about one hour, and really physically challenging.
My baseline is that I teach yoga, mostly 75 minute classes, I love to run (6 miles in about 45 minutes), and often go to the gym for weight training with kettlebells or body weight moves.

Any suggestion?

Namaste,
Stefan - JernYoga

1 Like

I find that even the simplest classes can provide a challenge by focusing on the small adjustments and maybe going to plank instead of tabletop position. Watch Ron…he always seems to be breaking that sweat you are looking for.

2 Likes

Fiji’s Renewing Power in Flow class definitely brings up a sweat for me !
Then again, it sounds like you are fitter then me so don’t know if it will for you too :wink:

1 Like

Hi Stefan,

We do have some more dynamic classes on the site, they often vary in length however. I just released a short but firey one called Tapas and Transformation, my Connections to Core class is an hour and also going to make you work very hard. Jonni-Lyn Friel has some great Jivamukti classes that are dynamic, and of course Tracey Noseworthy has classes you would like.

Fiji

3 Likes

Cardio does the workout for me, so I find it interesting that you do so much cardio for sweat and want the yoga for sweat, too. Perhaps attend a hot yoga class in person. I don’t do yoga to work up a great sweat, although I love the challenge.

1 Like

Hello, I found Jeff Lichty and Jenni Pritchard’s ashtanga yoga classes to be quite challenging.

Turn on the heating, maximum temperature.
Joking.

Have you tried Rachel’s 30 minutes of power?

2 Likes

Agree on this one, it makes me sweat every time I do it!

1 Like