Where to find mantras

I’d like to bring some chants and mantras into my practice. Do you have any recommendations for where to find some recordings of some common or suggested ones so I could listen and learn?

I would also like to know about this.

Try looking for kirtan. Its an eastern singing that is, basically, the singing of mantras, set to music. It’s pretty fun and uplifting, I’ve found. Snatam Kaur is one performer I can recommend. Also, research Kundalini yoga. I believe they are heavy on the mantra chanting. One that I find particularly refreshing is to chant the seed syllables for the chakras. Lam, Vam, Ram, Yam, Ham, Aum. Youtube has an MC Yogi video for his ‘Chakra Beatbox’ that is him repeating the above mantra to some beatbox. Kinda cool. Ocassionally, I will simply chant ‘Aum’ 108 times.

1 Like

Hi there. I asked Crista, the instructor on our site who would know where to find mantras. Here is her response:

“There are SO many mantras our there… I honestly don’t know where to direct someone… maybe Sivananda? There are lots of their mantras online. I also like Deva Premal, Krishna Das…”

I typed in ‘mantras’ into youtube and got a lot of great videos, including Deva Premal and Krishna Das. I’d suggest starting there.