Breath of Fire question

Hi, I was just wondering, I am struggling with breath of fire and knowing if I’m doing it right. Does it matter if you go slower as I can’t get the pace to that of the instructors and know that I’m still keeping the right rhythm? Does anyone have any advice on this?
I’d just like to say that I’m really enjoying the Kundalini classes and thanks so much as I would never have tried it without this site. It certainly seems to do something to the nervous system and energetic balance, I feel wonderful after the classes. But I want to make sure I’m doing this right.

1 Like

Hi there.
Good question. It’s important to know that you always go at the pace that works for you. One of the most important elements of any pranayama practice is that you can relax while doing it - relax every part of your body that doesn’t need to be doing anything like your legs, arms, shoulders, jaw, face, etc…
Because you want the prana (chi) to move within you, relaxing the muscles and joints is what allows the flow to happen. So do the breath of fire at a pace that allows you to do this.

1 Like

Thanks that’s good advice because I become aware that I’m doing a concentrating face so probably tense in other parts too.

1 Like