Coronavirus: Let's help one another get through this!

@Barry-H Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I started the 14-Day Yoga Challenge with Fiji McAlpine yesterday and the deep release for hips, hamstrings, and lower back from @doyogawithme . It was truly unique fitness experience for me.

I played football (linebacker) and baseball (catcher) for twenty years and I have/ had all the associated injuries you’d imagine that come with those two sports. Yesterday’s practice was very humbling! I never would have imagined having to modify so much of the practice. I look forward to seeing how far I can progress over these next couple weeks and I’ll make sure to keep you all posted.

1 Like

Hi Michaela.

I would say take some time to think about why you think it’s happening. Are you rushing, pushing yourself too hard, trying to get certain results, maybe before your body is ready? If it were me, I would think that it has to do with a psychological aspect of myself and I would ask ‘why’. Watch yourself while you’re doing yoga to see if you can understand.

Does that help?

David

1 Like

@lanewman0405 How is everything going after a few days of practice?

Hello,

I really appreciate your caring. I signed up for the free 2 month subscription; I look forward to using it. Unfortunately, it is not allowing me to view the subscription-only videos. I tried replying to Clare who emailed me in order to trouble-shoot this, but the email bounced back as the wrong address. Can you help direct me?

Thanks again for your support.

Lesley

1 Like

@Barry-H weirdly enough I have been pretty sore after the first few days. I’ve been practicing 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at lunch. Body is starting to pop like rice crispies whenever I walk around the house so that has been pretty amusing also. I enjoy the practice thus far, trying to focus on not trying to push too hard too fast.

2 Likes

Hi David,
I just joined a half hour ago and just finished my first class. As soon as I signed up, I saw the 2 free months because of Coronavirus and tried to sign up for that as well. The reply was that I didn’t qualify because I was already a member. Any way to remedy that? Thanks for letting me know.

I enjoyed my first class and really needed this because I am struggling with this home confinement as I usually always on the go. So, I am looking forward to more classes to keep my body and mind healthy.
Namaste. Michele

1 Like

Hi Lesley.
Thanks for the kind words.
One of the most common reasons people can’t access the subscriber videos is that they are not logged in. Can you confirm that? If you are, email info@doyogawithme.com with the email address you used for your account.
Take care,
David

Hi Michele.
I’m happy to hear that you’ve joined. Can you send the email address you used for you account to info@doyogawithme.com? We can help you with the subscription best that way.

I used mharway@roadrunner.com

Thanks David. Michèle

1 Like

I am an inpatient rehabilitation RN in Vermont. I am fortunate that I am not on the immediate front lines of this virus. However, I need to be healthy and strong and emotionally resilient to take care of my very sick patients. I have been practicing DYWM for a couple years and have a very favorite class. I have found it to be comforting each time I practice to hear David’s soothing voice and go through the familiar routine. We do need each other during this trying time; social distancing does not mean social isolation. Your programs will help us through this. Thank you.

1 Like

@mumseyllama Greetings from South Burlington. Stay healthy!

What’s the favorite class you mentioned?

Hi,

I am relieved to see I am not the only one…:slight_smile: When I practice, I really have to think not to force myself, and be kind to my body. Yet I can feel all my body is challenged and it’s not easy for me to know if and when to slow down - and not to be frustrated if I don’t see any progress. I try to include it as a part of yoga.

Thank you so much for that “corona offer”!! It gave me the feeling you were really trying contribute to the community… :pray:

I live in Belgium, I can’t work at all at the moment, and so far I take the opportunity to practice yoga, among other things. I feel a bit guilty to say it, but the break is really welcomed… I feel really lucky to live in the countryside though.

Love to all :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Hi Barry-- I always turn back to :Deep Release for the Hips, Hamstrings and Lower Back (https://www.doyogawithme.com/content/deep-release-hips-hamstrings-and-lower-back). So thankful I live in Vermont. I work at Fanny Allen. It’s getting scarier. Best wishes to you.

3 Likes

I am so glad that I discovered do yoga with me. Your fantastic variety of sessions are already proving to be a life-saver while I am virtually locked down here in Belfast due to the virus.
I look forward to getting up in the morning so that I can do my first yoga session of the day. Thank you so much. I hope we all stay safe.

2 Likes

Thanks for the class recommendation, I will definitely check it out. Stay healthy!

1 Like

Hi Michele. The best thing for you to do is cancel your subscription, then let your current month run out. After that, sign up for the 2 free months. Would that work?

To cancel your subscription, Log into your account and at the top right-hand side of the home page, hover over the DoYogaWithMe icon and select “Manage Account”. At the top, select the “My Subscriptions” tab. From here you can cancel your subscription.

@mumseyllama @M.laret @Barry-H @helenmallon
Thank you so much! It warms my heart to hear from people who are getting so much out of our resources, and connecting with others. I love it! Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

I like to think that with every challenge, there are silver linings to be found. David, your generosity to open the DYWM platform to everyone helped me discover the possibilities of a yoga home practice which I plan to continue even after we are allowed to go outside again :sunny:

The platform is also enabling new connections at a time when connections are very needed. Who would think I’d bump into someone who lives near me in the 2nd least populated state in the country.

Please pass along to the instructors that it’s a pleasure to see their smiling faces each day :smiley:

Thanks!
Barry

1 Like

Yes, thank you very much David. I did cancel the subscription. Now, I will finish this month, at the end sign up for the free months and then after that subscribe again.

Thanks again,

Michèle

1 Like

Thank you so very much for this offer for the next two months. It’s hard to express how much this means to me (I started crying happy tears when I saw the offer) and how much this means to our yoga community. I enjoy practicing with so many of the teachers with DYWM and have been using the website for almost a decade now. I love you all!

5 Likes