February 2022 Sangha Session - Connection

Happy February!

Our next monthly theme in our 2022 series, is ‘Connection’. Here’s the place where you can discuss what role connection plays in your life. What does connection mean to you?

Please answer below!

1 Like

Hello, Connection means “making meaning” to me. I connect with something (an idea, person, a truth) because it holds meaning (there may be an “ah ha” feeling). In the context of yoga, I am definitely learning! And having listened to the Intention live chat from Fiji , I’m looking forward to understanding how Intention connects with Connection! :wink:

1 Like

I’m also curious to read other’s comments, but I don’t see any?? why is that?

Connection has many meanings for me. Connections to family, friends, and others whom I love and value are important, but the connection to my own thoughts, feelings, intentions, etc., is also something that is key for me.

3 Likes

This month I am noticing that connection is an experience I have to be here, present for. Connection sits there calmly all the time just waiting for me to notice it. If I’m here, paying attention to here/now, then…ta da! I can notice connection (to just about anyone or anything).

4 Likes

I love it! Yes, just like that we can awaken to our conneciton when we drop into the here and now!

Hi David, joining in from Europe Í hope I might be able to download the upcoming video the next day or any time later because it´ll be too late for me to take part. I love your pranayama-sessions and don’t want to miss these ones. Thank you! :pray: Namaste, Joanna

2 Likes

Lovely live session just now, David, and a reminder for me that connection definitely involves sharing live experiences with others. It is a way I can feel most present. I appreciate your team is adding more live sessions to enable this community to connect in this way alongside asynchronous classes and resources- it’s exciting to be part of it! thank you and namaste. Amanda

3 Likes

Yes, no problem Johanna. We recorded the live session and it will be posted at the same location, as well as on our Yoga Classes page.

I love how these sessions are getting me to pay more attention to connecting with my breath in other DYWM classes. And of course I love knowing others are out there practicing with me.
Carey

1 Like

Thank you, Amanda! I’m glad you’re enjoying it and we are also excited to be offering more live session!

1 Like

Thanks to those who did the class today. The next one will be live streaming in a week, same time, same place!

Yes we plan to offer more livestream classes with a variety of teachers this year!

Thanks for the opportunity to practice together. My regular yoga community and instructor in Oregon are taking a break and I’ve been missing the connection. It would be nice to know where everyone’s practicing from, if there’s a way, before a livestream starts. Thanks David for the breathwork and calming time.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I agree - it would be great to know who is doing the class and where they are from. We’re contemplating different ways of doing a livestream and hope to create that live class feel as much as possible.
Thanks for the feedback.

2 Likes

Thank you David and all who participated! It was fun to have these livestreams to look forward to the past many Mondays. I finished this last one with a big smile (and enough energy to do a bit more yoga). I had not really noticed how certain poses build and release energy, but I was quite aware of it this last class. Thanks again,
Carey

1 Like