Focus and Flow: New Year's Intermediate Yoga Challenge

Also, not sure if I’m missing something, but what time does the new day’s class come con stream? I’m looking at 9:30 GMT and can’t find Thursday’s class?

xxx

I agree with Alison. Having the time length available makes it helpful for preparing in the daily schedule.

3 Likes

Hi Alison,

This is a fantastic suggestion!!! Yes I can look into having the time frame and teacher listed on the challenge page.

2 Likes

Hi Everyone! Actually we are even smarter than we think we are! The classes are already laid out on the challenge page with teacher and time length. The title of the class is kept secret until the day it is released. Check out the Focus and Flow Challenge page and scroll down to see the full schedule!

Hi Fiji, ’m interested in joining this challenge… what do I do? How does this work? Thank you
Olga

1 Like

Hi Fiji, thanks for looking into sowing the class times for us … the times on the page you linked to are listed for the classes that have already taken place, but not for the upcoming classes - unless I am missing something?

I keep looking at it, am i going mad?

(some would say I was already mad hahaha)

1 Like

All 14 days of this challenge are showing in the iPad App & TV Firestick App if that helps. Doesn’t affect me as I’m usually 2 or 3 days behind :joy:

1 Like

My experience is the same as Alison’s (using the web site). (So no, you are not mad! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

THERE’S AN APP!!! How did I know know this??? hahaha! You have made my day! Thank you!

I know many people who aren’t comfortable with things like headstands or handstands, so that’s totally normal. Some teachers on the site do not teach them, like Melissa and Helen. The neck aspect of inversions like headstand and handstand always cause me pause. I’ve just now gotten, after 4 years, comfortable with headstands after practicing for a long time and making sure my alignment and shoulders are ready for them. :slight_smile:

Is the livestream class that is supposed to happen on 1/21 actually a part of this challenge? Asking since the 21st is a week after the last released class for this challenge is scheduled on 1/14.

Also, when will we get schedule info for the live 1/21 class? Joining it will take some planning so it will be helpful to know timing in advance. Thanks!

Hi, Finally replying to this thread! A sense of humour is good to approach life with and try new things! I laughed at my detailed exactness when I was choosing between the beginner challenge and the intermediate. The first felt way to easy (but I’ve been away from the mat for about 3 months :upside_down_face:) ; the intermediate waaay to hard! (kind of like Goldilocks :blush: only I’m allowed to come in! :wink:) So instead of those, I went on a search for beginner 2 and found a foundations class with Rachael Scott! I’m learning a lot!!! - about becoming aware to connecting my brain to very specific muscle movements ! My personal challenge is to do yoga much more regularly! So I must just keep coming and focussing on how great I feel when I’ve completed a class. :smiling_face: :two_hearts:

HI Olga,
Fantastic! If you are a subscriber you can log in and start the challenge here!

HI Stacy,

The Live class will be lead by me and is a celebration for completing the challenge. As many people started later or don’t do it everyday I wanted to wait for a good number of people to have time to complete the challenge before the closing event.

I found todays class, Asana Series: Energy, to be just what I needed to find center. I resonated with the classes focus on finding the energetic balance in one’s mind and body.

Also finding more space in poses is particularly rewarding. Being able to clasp my hands behind without excessive tension in my shoulders and upper back made me :smiley:

Thank you Fiji

1 Like

Looking forward to the Live Streaming events on Zoom. Unfortunately cannot make it for the Saturday class. Thank you for providing an alternative day. Look forward to seeing everyone on Friday. :slight_smile:

Adrian, I am so happy to hear about the millimeter miracle in the clasp! It is so wonderful to have those moments where we can really notice the space we have created over time.

1 Like

We will definately find a way to put the recording up after it happens!

1 Like

Dear Fiji,
Thank you for yet another wonderful practice session! My wife and I joined in today. I know that yoga is not about results but about the practice, one’s journey. However, my mind works in such a way that I prefer to know what it is that I am working on. In the past challenges you had recorded there were some “topic” or “main theme” or an idea and I wonder what to expect with the current challenge. It is not that I need to know that we are working on strengthening some set of muscles or on balance, etc but I think that it would be helpful (at least for me) to know the general direction of the flow, or am I taking a wrong approach?