Prepare for a rafting trip

Which yoga classes on this site would be most helpful in preparation for a whitewater rafting trip? I will be rafting the Salmon River in August (unless it’s canceled due to COVID-19). There are so many wonderful yoga classes on DoYogaWithMe, so I’d like to focus on some that will prepare my upper body and arms for paddling. Any suggestions? Please nothing advanced…I’m not that good! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Kitty,

That sounds fun! I would recommend taking some vinyasa or vinyasa/power classes that focus upon strength, core and balance. They can be 20 mins or longer and you will receive a good well rounded practice that will add to your experience. You could inquire under teachers and search Tracey Noseworthy, Fiji McAlpine, Rachel Scott, Jonni-Lynn Friel, Guy Frisell or Ron Stewart. Have Fun!

1 Like

Thank you for this reply. I learned yesterday that the Salmon River rafting trip on is “on” so your advice came at a perfect time. Thanks for the names of the instructors as it will make it easier to search for classes. Yesterday I found a session by Jonni-Lynn Friel and it was so good I will be doing it multiple times. I will also look at the other instructors’ classes. THANK YOU!

1 Like

You’re very welcome ~ and have lots of fun on your rafting trip!

1 Like

Tracey – I’m back from the rafting trip and want to thank you again. In preparation for the rigors of the trip, I did an online class every day with the instructors you recommended – and I now realize you are one of them. This really helped! The rafting trip went great; I needed all the balance, strength, and flexibility I had developed. As a result, I fully enjoyed the 17 days on the Salmon River in the River of No Return Wilderness. Thank you! – Kitty

1 Like

Amazing! Wow 17 days on the Salmon River. It truly sounds amazing and I’m so happy you felt strong, balanced and rocked the rigors of the trip. So happy we practiced "together’ as your preparation and I hope you continue to flow with me.