Sangha Session 16: "What is the biggest thing that you feel our site is missing, the one thing you wish we had?

Ya’lls site is my favorite online, I trust the teachers and love the stent teaching styles! The advanced beginner classes have helped me so much during recovery! I would love to see Qi Gong and more Kundalini. :smile:

3 Likes

I love David’s relaxation series. I really love Jennifer Piercey’s Yoga Nidra. More offerings in these areas would be heaven.

2 Likes

An easy to access app, more 10 min meditation sessions.thanks for all, love what is available so far!!

1 Like

Thank you! Shorter meditation sessions is a good idea.

I have often considered trying Tai Chi or Qi Gong. Is this something you might offer in the future? Many thanks for all that you do already.

1 Like

Yes, that’s certainly on our list. Thanks!

I am very satisfied with the quality of the classes, thank you! But, something that distracts and frustrates me is too much talking. I repeat many of the same classes and having to listen to the same philosophy (sermon) each time becomes quite annoying. I feel that it underestimates our life experiences and level of spiritual development. One of the major attractions of yoga is the quiet, and just being with your whole self. For example, telling someone how they should feel in a meditative space or moment of quiet reflection - so speaking over that - defeats the purpose. Could you perhaps have an intro class, and then another edited version (with less talking) for repeating the same classes. I know this is a lot of work and effort. But just some classes with less talking would be great.
I really enjoy the Jivamukti classes because they allow for so much quiet reflection and going deep within. I do not want to cause offense, and hope that this suggestion will be received in a positive light. Namaste.

3 Likes

Intermediate and advanced classes for seniors.

1 Like

I would also love this!

Great feedback. You’re not alone in wishing there was less talking in a class sometimes. Have you found other teachers and classes on our site where they allow for the quiet you’re looking for? I try to do that and Melissa and Tracey do as well.

Thank you, too, @ukhowland and @bethsanzenbacher. What would an advanced class for seniors look like to you?

Is it possible to set a class to audio only to reduce the bandwidth used? If I am doing a class and my husband starts using his device on the web, my class becomes very disrupted, sometimes stopping completely. Having audio only would usually be sufficient as I am experienced enough in yoga.
I already wrote this in another place but I will say it again… I love having the classes sent to my email in the challenge I am doing. I would not call it a challenge… I call it encouragement!!! It takes the decision making of what class to do away and often that is a barrier to me doing any class! I have found since having them come to my inbox in the challenge I have been motivated to do every class within a few days. I have enjoyed the variety as it has introduced me to new teachers etc. There has been one or two I would not do again as it didn’t suit me but that is ok I always have the option to choose my own!
I also agree with what many others have said to make the Bookmarks more user friendly… easier to organize…easier to get to…easier to keep/see the notes I’ve made.
Thanks for this awesome site and your service

2 Likes

Great feedback, thank you.

We have launched a new streaming service that allows you more flexibility when playing the video. After you click play, if you click on the bottom right you can choose the bandwidth. Although there is no ‘audio only’ option, choosing the lowest number will allow you to play the video without interruptions, while losing some video quality.

Thanks for the feedback on the emails and bookmarks! We are working on a way for people to track videos more easily, in the new year. Stay tuned!

Take care,

David

Hi David,
I’ve already posted about this elsewhere, but the one thing I would really appreciate on the site is the option (even just once a week) for live-streamed classes. Posting here in case others may also be interested.
I love the idea many have voiced of a calendar showing what classes you did when, as I have a hard time staying organized enough to write them down and keep track! Also, audio only would be great for me as I live in the north where the internet is pretty slow, and sometimes even 240 or 360p has a hard time streaming :sweat_smile:
Very grateful for this site in its present iteration, it just keeps getting better.
Chanda

1 Like

Hello again, Chanda! Sorry, I didn’t answer your live stream question in the other post. We have considered live stream, but it’s difficult choosing a day and time that works for everyone around the world. When we did them, we ended up only getting 10 or 20 people doing the class with us. People seem to have busy lives and for that reason the on-demand option seems to work best.
Thank you so much for the feedback. Our current video streaming service (we just changed) should be adapting the stream according to the speed of your internet. Let me know if you’re having problems.
Also, we will be upgrading the site in early 2020 to include many new user-features, including being able to track the classes that you like the most.
Cheers,
David

1 Like

Firstly, I love the whole site! I would really love a way to track my progress in programs and challenges. Currently, I have to make a note elsewhere of which sessions I’ve finished and then search again for the next class. Would be great to have that at log in. Thanks so much for all the great classes! I’m saving hours driving to and from studio and getting much more practice in my life!

2 Likes

Thank you for asking for our opinions, David! First off, allow me to compliment you and your team for your overall excellence; because of that, DoYogaWithMe is the only yoga site I’ve ever subscribed to. As others have already expressed, I endorse the wish for a better search function to find classes (and not everything on the site containing the word one searches for) that are devoted to specific issues one might want to address at any given time, such as body parts, or feelings—say stress or sadness—or practices that are suitable for different times of the day (like morning, after work, and bedtime). I realize you asked for the ONE thing we wished you had, but if you don’t mind, I have just one more: really wish there was more regularity in releasing new classes, such as weekly or some other length of time that’s doable. It’s wonderful to come to the site and find a new video to try. Overall though, keep up the great and beneficent work you all are already doing!

2 Likes

@nella.spanke @cas87
Thank you! Thank you for loving what we do and for providing great feedback.
The ability to track classes and challenges better is coming in 2020. A better search function is coming very soon, early 2020. And yes, we generally aim to post 2 classes weekly, on Monday and Thursday, but our lead up to the 2020 new year’s challenges have impacted that. It will be back to normal by mid January.

1 Like

It would be nice to have less instruction during intermediate and advanced classes for those who have been practicing with DYWM teachers for a long time. Less talking will allow one a deeper focus within during their practice. Thank you

1 Like

Good suggestion, @happytobepamelalee. Thanks.

I will do another pose during ones which may not be safe for the 60+ group. For example, during headstand I will hold a plank instead. I won’t do shoulder stand or wheel or crow.
There are age-related changes that need extra work but for those of us who are already fit, and speaking for myself, I want the intensity but the poses need to be safe. While I did all yoga poses years ago I won’t take that risk now. For many of the videos, I will be doing other poses for more of the video than I would want to.

2 Likes