Sangha Session 16: "What is the biggest thing that you feel our site is missing, the one thing you wish we had?

I’d love to see a program of gentle yoga for fibromyalgia.

1 Like

I wish so much there was an app available to use DoYogaWithMe with Firestick! I’m unfortunately on the verge of canceling my account- which I truly don’t want to do, I LOVE the classes offered here!- because I cannot find a reliable way to get the videos onto the TV I use in my home gym space. I don’t really have a good spot to balance a laptop in there, and truly love the experience of having a full screen to watch. DYWM is a great community and I find myself craving these classes.
As I said, finding somewhere to balance a laptop or some complicated way of connecting it is the last thing I want to think about when I just want to walk in, roll out my mat, and get into yoga. I’ve tried several apps for screen mirroring but none seem to work reliably and I generally find myself more stressed by the time I finally get SOMETHING on the screen (usually from another existing yoga app) so I’ve given up.
If there are any plans to add Firestick capability, an app etc, or ANY suggestions on easy ways to get these videos up on screen, I’m very open to it! If anyone has found a way and would share that would be great! I would love to continue supporting the site. :slight_smile:
Thank you!
(Also, the only other suggestion I would have for site improvements would be the ability to select a time range, rather than the set 20 minute increments when searching. Sometimes I would love to be able to select, say, 15-60 minutes and go with what feels best, and see all the options in that range!)

1 Like

Thanks for that feedback. I’m sorry that we haven’t been able to make casting to a TV easier for you. We are currently in the process of building an app that we hope to launch in April or May of this year. I’m not sure if it will be Firestick compatible at this time, but I can find out.

We also moved over all of our videos to a new streaming service that allows for quick casting to a TV using chromecast or apple tv. I’m not sure if those are options for you. If they are, you will now see icon on the top corners of the video for those two services.

To answer your last comment, we will be updating our search filters to include more precise duration searches, along with other features. We should have those updated by the end of this month.

Let me know if you have any other comments or questions.

Take care,

David

Poss modification videos.

2 Likes

Thanks, Percevial. That’s a good one.

@sabrinacarmichael Many Smart TVs have a built-in web browser. I’m able to launch the site in the browser and stream it from there. Hopefully you have found a solution!

1 Like

Any chance you would make a bloopers video of when instructors fall over? It would make me feel way better about my lack of balance :rofl:

2 Likes

There are a few on our Bloopers and Outakes page. We plan to add more. I can see how that would be a motivator in a funny kind of way!

1 Like

Thanks David! I hadn’t stumbled on that page. It’s fun to see everyone that everyone is human :grinning:

definitely would like to be able to save the classes I want to do again

1 Like

Not sure if this has been recommended previously. It would be really nice if within each day of a challenge or series, the page had a button to advance to the next day rather than needing to go back to the main challenge page and find the next day from the full list.

1 Like

Good feedback, Barry. I’ll look into that, thanks!

1 Like

You can, by clicking on the Bookmark button, which you can find just to the left of the Share button, below each video:

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 2.23.52 PM

Agreed. I would like to be able to group bookmarks.

2 Likes

Thank you to DYWM. I have accessed the site for many years and have found it & yoga to be a profound touchstone in my life! With respect to those requests for more badges, rewards, and avenues for tracking practice/progress, I’d ask that those functions remain optional and not an embedded part of site use. For me, yoga is very much about getting away from my very achievement & goal-oriented brain. I guess—simply put—I’d rather not know :grinning:, or calculate, or keep tabs. I prefer to approach my practice a bit more randomly & spontaneously. Take care, everyone. :purple_heart:

5 Likes

I have to say that I love the new filter you’ve added but was wondering if you are able to add to it? Is it possible to include sitting/standing only and wristfree classes?
Many thanks for all that you all do already🙏

2 Likes

Yes, so true. Yoga is not meant to be goal oriented, but for some it helps keep them motivated. It’s a hard line to navigate! Hopefully we can find a happy medium for everyone.

@dmco6863, thanks for the suggestions. We aren’t able to add those now, but you can use our general search tool to find classes that fit those categories.

1 Like

Firstly, well done on a great site. I love the structure, the classes and the general philosophy of this programme. As for improvement suggestion:
1 - As several people have noted, a bookmark structure would be great. Using the default browser one isn’t ideal, it would be really useful to have a site bookmark option where you can mark favourites and also organise them in your own calendar. I would really like the ability to set up a rotation of favourite classes so I can schedule them regularly.
2 - I also second the idea of having two versions of the same class, one without the philosophy and mystical chats ( which I barely tolerate the first time round, never mind at subsequent hearing) . For those of us who repeat favourite classes this would be very beneficial.
3 - What about a Q&A page ? Somewhere where people can post technical questions or challenges to poses and get answers , and these can then help others? At the moment these questions go in the Forum but it’s difficult to track and find…

Thank you again for your wonderful work !

1 Like

I joined DYWM in March through the very attractive Corona offer and I enjoyed your classes and community so much that I signed up for another full year! Thank you for everything!

The only problem I have encountered is with streaming the videos when my wifi connection is poor and I’d love for you to have some sort of Spotify option where you can for example (temporarily) download one or two videos into your account which you can then play offline without any trouble. This prevents videos from freezing in the middle of a session.

1 Like

There’s lots to like here. One feature that I’d find useful is breadcrumbs: a flag to mark each of the videos that I’ve watched. The bookmarks are great for noting lessons that I’d like to revisit. But if I’ve taken a lesson and didn’t bookmark it, I might prefer to explore something new rather than repeat a lesson that didn’t really stand out for me. A breadcrumb feature would help me keep track of what I’ve done so I can make better-informed decisions about what to do next.

5 Likes