Sangha Session 9: "What class filters would you like to see, along with Style, Duration, Teacher and Difficulty?"

Adding challenging beginner please.

If you are still counting, in order of preference, main body part would be useful (I have searched poses but have no skill in tying them together). Maybe equipment/no equipment? Main purpose (although type of yoga possibly helps here) ie stretch/release, strength, flexibility. However I find a class - sometimes by accident - I find benefit in them all.

Hi David, I agree with the body part focus and also including things like flexibility, strength etc. I also thing it’s useful, along with beginner, intermediate and advanced to have an ‘all’ category, eg the yin classes are tagged as beginner but personally I find them the most challenging. However, by doing a class many times I am learning to do them in a more advanced way (ie slow doesn’t necessarily mean easier!) I belong to another online yoga service and they have the categories I have mentioned and they are extremely useful.

Definitely by focus eg relaxation, strength, flexibility, stamina

I agree with what a lot of other folks are saying about body part of focus / or a thematic focus (relaxation, strength, etc.), as well as a shift in the time filters. Someone gave the example of looking for a 30-50 minute class, and to do that currently might involve scrolling through two separate searches.

Something that would be a game-changer for me would be the ability to select multiple options for each filter (vs a single item in a drop-down). For example: I want a class that’s between 20-60 minutes long, either intermediate or beginner, and taught by one of my three favorite (for now ;)) teachers.

Thank you so much for asking. A very simple word search would be welcome - so that one could find body parts, but also “prenatal,” “flow,” or other helpful descriptions. I am learning more about using the filters from reading the comments - I use multiple filters now to find a class with a particular teacher of a particular length.
I really appreciate your work.

I would also like the duration filter divided by 10 minutes instead of 20. Thanks for asking! Namaste, Tom

Body parts would be great and also to find classes for better sleep easier. Thank you :slight_smile:

I agree with this wholeheartedly!! Alternatively, I wish there was a way to click several multiple selections in a category at once.

Fantastic feedback, everyone! We’re taking notes and coming up with ideas for 2019!

Cheers,

David

Just thinking about my journey with DYWM, an absolute beginner filter would be very helpful. I tried some beginner classes in the beginning that were a bit challenging but persevered. I have recommended your site to others and would hate for them to give up because the first class they tried was too difficult.